Realhound CRM running slow? Here are some tips to help.
The first option if you're having any speed issues with your Realhound classic desktop platform is to turn off your user account control settings.
See our other video on search for the UAC, which is the enabled LUA in the registry.
- Just to remind you, you will come down to the bottom where your magnifying glasses, that little search window.
- Type in reg, and it should automatically pop up. You're looking for the registry editor, but you can type in the whole word reg edit, E-D-I-T and make sure you run it as administrator.
- Now we already searched for the user account control setting,
The next thing to try is the max buffer size.
- When you go to edit, I want you to type in the word max buffer size. Again, it does not have to be capitalized, or lowercase or mixed. It's just you can type in max upper size as long as you do not put any spaces, so run it all together. Then you hit the find next.
- Again, that's going to search your registry and help you find the max buffer size. We are going to increase the max buffer size. What this does is it makes the program run significantly faster.
- Again, it's going to search the registry and start finding them.
- There will be multiple max buffer sizes to change, so the first one that comes up ays max buffer size, and you'll see that it's set to zero.
- We want to double click on that. We've got the max buffer size and it says, max buffer size up here.
- Change this to decimal from hexadecimal to decimal.
- This is very important. If you don't, you can do some crazy things and your computer just may blow up under your fingertips, do don't do it.
- Click on the decimal, type in 40,00, 4-0-0-0-0 and then hit okay.
Now you can go up to edit and find next or your F3 button, and that will do the same thing.
We're going to hit find next and we're going to keep going until we finished finding all of the max buffer sizes in your program. There could be three. There could be five. There could be 10. Here's the next one.
Max buffer size.
The decimal is already set to 40,000. We're going to hit okay and F3. It searches for the next one. That one's already changed, F3. Again, you're just going to keep hitting next. Find next until you reach the end of the max buffer sizes in your program.
I hit find next, find next and that should be it again. Again, his will significantly help the performance of Realhound so that when you're going through the program and it opens up the various popup windows, it doesn't sit there with the little circle of death making you wait, and wait and wait with the not responding message up at the top. I hope that helps. Thanks for joining.
If you found this helpful and you need to track your contacts, your vendors, and even your team within just a matter of seconds, it's all right here in the Realhound CRM.
Reach out to our sales team for a demo to learn more about how Realhound can help you manage your business, teams, and clients.