Introduction (Please Read):
This document will provide you with the steps necessary to move from an old 4.X version of the program to the most current version. As changes were made to the underlying technology used in the database, some additional steps will be required beyond the usually simple upgrade.
1. Download version 5.538 using the following link (version 5.538 is a stepping stone to the technology changes and will help move you toward getting onto the latest version): http://www.realhoundfiles.com/download/5538/setupip.exe
2. Once Version 5.538 has downloaded and installed, simply try to open and log into your database. For most people this will rebuild your database. Did the rebuild occur?
a. Yes: Go to Step 5
b. No: Go to Step 3
3. If the rebuild did not occur, go to File on the top toolbar menu, go down to the Import/Export option and select Import.
4. On the Import menu choose the Import Realhound 4.x button to upgrade your database. Wait for the upgrade to complete.
5. Log out of your database and close the program, and then download and install the most current version using the following link: http://www.realhoundfiles.cm/product/realhound/setupip.exe
6. Once the current version has installed, open the program, locate your database and run a Tune Up
7. One the Tune Up is complete, login and enjoy!
Note: Be sure to verify data integrity, that the information in your database is moving successfully through each stage along the way. Following this process will upgrade your database to the latest technology and allow you to run it successfully on the current versions.